3 Newton Street, Mount Maunganui, New Zealand
Date(s) and Time(s)
Two Consecutive 3 Day Weekends in March 2017
17th, 18th and 19th March 2017
24th, 25th and 26th March 2017
Are you ready to deepen your connection with your body and open your heart?
Through this healing 50-hour Yin Yoga Teacher Training course with Marcus Julian Felicetti you will explore and deepen your relationship with your body.
Yin Yoga is an awareness practice that uses passive floor based Yoga stretches to deeply open up the connective tissues and feel into the body. This clears the mental-emotional blocks that we all hold in the energy channels of the body called the meridians. This healing Yoga practice reinvigorates the internal organs, quietens the mind, and connects you with your heart. As you begin to let go of old patterns that no longer serve you, your life is transformed, and you learn to live your own authentic truth.
This is a 50-hour training designed for both Yoga Teachers and students simply who would like to explore the practice deeply. Marcus will give you the tools to take your practice to a level that empowers you with wisdom and peace. You will come away with a clear understanding of safety and anatomical issues pertaining to the Yin Yoga practice, as well as having the ability to creatively sequence yin yoga classes for all levels of students. This training is also designed to deepen your own personal practice of yoga and meditation by incorporating elements of meditation and self-inquiry into your daily yoga practice. The most effective yoga teaching comes from your own personal immersion and deepened personal experience of these ancient methods and teachings.
AREAS OF STUDY:
• The 50-Hour Yin Yoga Teacher Training Course Curriculum will include the following:
• Anatomy and Physiology specific to Yin Yoga
• Modifications and Safety in Yin Yoga, including the use of props
• Anatomy of the Subtle Body (meridians and chakras)
• Awareness practice in Yin Yoga (methods of meditation)
• Applications of awareness practice in daily life
• Sequencing in Yin Yoga (including sequences that are based on the seasons)
• Organs and Meridian Health (using yin yoga to affect specific organs)
• Yin and Yang Theory (basic Taoist theory and the principles of yin and yang – how they are applied to yoga)
• Pranayama (breathing techniques) for healing and relaxation
• Meditation and journaling to deepen the yoga experience
• Yin Yoga classes to be taken at House of Yoga Studio, Mount Maunganui, New Zealand
*Whilst this training is designed to qualified Yoga Teachers wishing to teach Yin Yoga classes, this training is also open to dedicated practitioners of yoga, with the intention to use the knowledge to deepen one’s own understanding and practice.
50 hour Yin Yoga teacher training Certificate
Marcus has been teaching Yoga for 16 years. He trained intensively first in Australia and then India. His Yoga practice is about healing. He does this by encouraging each student to connect their spirit and their body together. In this way you will learn to feel the energy flowing through your body and clear out any blocks.
His classes will help you cultivate your Yoga practice as a meditation by being present in your body. By bringing your awareness into each posture, into every cell, and even the subtle energetic body, then you will know harmony and peace. Over time you will know know wisdom, freedom, and authentic expression.
His experience as a senior Yoga teacher has led him to see that this practice has the power to not only transform your body, but also allow your life to shine. He loves to practice and share these wisdoms that teach us to be guided by intuition, and thereby life flows, and we share our light with the world.
Marcus has taught and lead 10 Yoga Teacher Training courses over the last 4 years. He has developed a steady, progressive and highly effective method for training teachers.
REQUIRED READING LIST:
The Complete guide to Yin Yoga: The Philosophy and Practice of Yin Yoga – Bernie Clark