16/40 Stonefields Ave,
Date(s) and Time(s)
February – June 2018
Registration is now open for our Teacher Training 2018.
Our RYT 200-hour teacher training is a comprehensive program that will provide the essential knowledge and tools for dedicated students who wish to teach or simply enhance their own practice and understanding of yogic principles and philosophy.
This provides an opportunity to deepen and develop your understanding of yoga and yogic philosophy within a program that is Internationally recognised with Yoga Alliance.
We are very excited to share that Leslie Kaminoff, author of ‘Yoga Anatomy 2nd Edition’ is coming to New Zealand in March 2018 and will be teaching a 6 hour workshop component of this Teacher Training. You can check out more about Leslie here. www.yogaanatomy.org
Om Yoga School Teacher Training program has been designed to offer a well-rounded introduction to the practical skills required for teaching as well as an understanding of the ancient yogic philosophies and how to integrate these when teaching classes for our modern day world.
You will learn…
• The proper alignment, benefits and potential risks of foundational yoga postures in Vinyasa Flow, Hatha and Yin.
• Principles of anatomy and physiology and how they apply to each posture.
• Basic sequencing principles of a yoga class.
• How to observe and see different bodies, to be able to make basic hands on adjustments.
• The art of using your voice with confidence and authenticity.
• Confidence through practice teaching, giving and receiving feedback from teachers and students.
• An introduction to ancient yoga history and philosophy including the Yoga Sutras.
• An introduction into the subtle body, Ayurveda, meridians, chakras and meditation.
• Sanskrit names of postures and their etymology.
• Ethics of a yoga teacher. The student/teacher relationship.
• The business of yoga and what’s next.
Previous post: Contemporary Yoga Teacher Training