- This event has passed.
Meditation for Beginners
December 8, 2020 @ 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 7:30 pm on Tuesday, repeating until December 15, 2020
5 Tuesdays, 7.30 – 8.15pm
Nov 17, 24, Dec 1, 8. 15
Have you always wanted to try meditation, but you’re not quite sure where to start, or perhaps you think your mind is so busy that you’ll never manage to sit still and stay focussed?
You’re not alone! The good news is that meditation skills can be learned by anyone. Whether you’ve never tried it, or you’ve tried before and felt like you “couldn’t get it”, this course is perfect for you. If you have some experience, but wish to create a regular meditation habit, this will also be really helpful for you!
In this 5 week online course we will “meet” live on Zoom, and you’ll learn:
– WHAT MEDITATION IS, and what it isn’t
– WHAT HAPPENS IN YOUR MIND AND BODY when you’re stressed, and why meditation is a vital tool for your own mental and physical health
– THE BENEFITS of meditating
– WHAT YOU NEED (and what you don’t) in order to start, and maintain, a meditation practice
– HOW TO MEDITATE using mindfulness and visualisation techniques
The lessons are largely practical, but don’t worry – you won’t be expected to meditate for 45 minutes straight on day one! There will be shorter sessions interspersed with some of the ideas above, so that you’ll be able to feel and understand the concepts in your own body and mind.
Each session will be recorded and a replay link will be sent after class, so if you can’t make it on Tuesdays at 7.30, you can access the recording until our next live session.