Senior Yoga Teacher Training Workshop
August 21 @ 8:30 am - 5:00 pm$335
Would you like to teach yoga to older adults?
Yoga classes that cater to the special needs of the over-65 age group are few and far between, as are trainings that educate yoga teachers on how to best serve these students. Teachers who are knowledgeable in this area are well-placed to meet the need in the market, and therefore to increase their own marketability and create another income stream for their business.
This one day course, suitable for 200RYT yoga teachers, (or those with a qualification in Pilates, personal training, or similar) addresses that gap in teacher education and provides teachers with the following learning outcomes:
1. Gain a thorough understanding of the unique physical, mental and emotional challenges faced by over-65s
2. Learn to effectively sequence and language classes for seniors
3. Understand how to modify poses and use props to cater for common issues
4. Identify opportunities for setting up and marketing your classes for seniors
5. Confidently and safely prepare, market and teach 3 specialist classes:
– Yoga for seniors living independently in your community, including floor work
– Chair yoga for seniors with standing and seated work
– Fully seated chair yoga for seniors with limited mobility and function